Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Backgrounds of Venture: Murder Machine

Backgrounds of Venture

This is the first of a series of 5th Edition backgrounds based on the Venture Bros., this one based upon a certain Swedish Murder Machine.



Murder Machine
You are an officially recognized professional killer. You have a reputation for leaving a trail of dead bodies in your wake, and you will undoubtedly leave many more.



Skill Proficiencies: Athletics or Stealth (pick one), Intimidation
Tool Proficiencies: One type of Vehicles, one other Tool Proficiency of choice
Equipment: A belt with an attached scabbard or holster, a pack of tobacco or a bottle of booze, flint and steel, a suit of commoner’s clothing, identification papers, and a pouch with 10 gold pieces

Feature: License to Kill

You may kill without legal retaliation in lands that recognize your professional capacity. While not an excuse for wanton mass murder or the killing of certain high power figures, you may leave a few bodies lying here and there while pursuing your duties, though you may wish to call a cleaner.

Suggested Characteristics
Murder machines are usually grim and cunning individuals resilient in both body and nerve. Though they may enjoy the pleasures of the flesh, they typically have hidden depths that will often evolve given time and experience.

Personality Characteristics (1d8)
1.       I work hard; I play hard.
2.       I have a low tolerance for stupidity.
3.       For me, there’s a right and a wrong way to kill.
4.       What I listen to is really all about love and longing.
5.       I have my hobbies. So what if they don’t fit your stupid gender norms.
6.       I did something in the past I’m not proud of. When I’m weak, the memory haunts me.
7.       I’m never without a great story to tell, though my best accomplishments are classified information.
8.       I’ll never turn down a good wager.

Ideals (1d6)
1.       Honor (Lawful or Good) There’s rules. Separates us from the baddies.
2.       Might Makes Right (Chaotic or Evil) If force doesn’t solve your problems, you ain’t using enough of it.
3.       Professionalism (Any) It’s always cold in the home country.
4.       Thrills (Chaotic) I love fighting when I’m in the zone. It makes me feel like a real badass.
5.       Persistence (Any) I don’t give up easy.
6.       Toughness (Any) Never show weakness.

Bond (1d6)
1.       Though they’re not my blood, I have a family to protect. Nobody messes with MY family and gets away with it!
2.       There’s only been one person I’ve only ever really loved.
3.       I have secret orders.
4.       They killed my partner. I’ve got a score to settle.
5.       There’s a legendary monster I’ll take out one day.
6.       I’ve seen something horrible, of which I can never tell.

Flaw (1d6)
1.       They say I have temper problems. I say they have problems becoming maimed, mangled, and murdered around me.
2.       I could never say no to a pretty face.
3.       I may have left a kid or two somewhere along the way.
4.       Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not really out to get me.
5.       I act without waiting for backup. Better to ask forgiveness than permission.
6.       My trash talk sometimes gets me into trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment